Most people think of the summer as a time to relax and take a step back from the studies. However I feel it is important to take the time to do some reading during the holidays, whether that reading is to prepare yourself for the following year, to learn about certain topics that interest you, unrelated to your studies, or even if it’s just reading for leisure.
One of the things you can do to keep your head in the books is create a summer reading list and set yourself a goal to complete it by September. This is the summer reading list I have made for myself:
- Maeve Binchy – Quentins
- Emily Brontë – Wuthering Heights
- Chris Ryan – Ultimate Weapon
- Louise Douglas – The Secrets Between Us
- Philippa Gregory – The Lady Of The Rivers
- Philippa Gregory – The Kingmaker’s Daughter
- Torey Hayden – The Tiger’s Child
- Torey Hayden – One Child
- Cathy Glass – Cut
- Ken Follet – Pillars Of The Earth
I’ve already made my way through some of these and if I reach the end of my list I may do another one, but for now I think this is an ideal variety of books to keep me entertained and reading this summer!